Laughter is the best medicine
We all know that laughter is the best medicine for anxiety and stress, but what are the true benefits of laughing?
Millions of us pay money to laugh. We pay money to go to clubs, movies, theatres, and take vacations to break the routine for the sake of having fun and laughing. We all want to have a good laugh to reduce stress and anxiety from our lives, but the problem is many of us take laughter for granted.
You don’t need to have a reason to laugh. You can start right now to make laughter part of your life. In my book, “How to overcome worry and have peace of mind” I mentioned that studies show that even fake laughter has a huge benefits on us humans as it reduces stress and improves our immune system.
Laughter raises the value of life and helps you love everything around you as it gives you a sense of comfort. Let us learn to laugh more for our and other’s benefits.
Benefits of laughter
A good laugh from the abdomen opens your lungs, stretches your diaphragm and improves your well being.
Laughter helps reduce blood pressure and heart rate and it increases oxygen level.
There have been many studies done on the benefits of laughing and they all show that when a person laughs and enjoys the moment, they are more relaxed and experience less anxiety compared to people who don’t laugh on a regular basis.
Studies shows that laugher has a positive outcome on diabetes and it helps to lower blood glucose levels compared to their levels when they were not laughing.
Others benefits of laughing
- Helps you achieve peace of mind and serenity
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Increases blood flow
- Reduces adrenaline which is a stress hormone
- Defends you against infections such as colds and flu
- Improves memory and creativity
- Improves your immune system
- Helps people who have asthmas and bronchitis as laughter increases oxygen in the blood that enters the lung
- Helps you to talk to others easily and it develops your personality
- Increases your confidence in yourself
- Increases flexibility and strengthens the cardiovascular muscles of the abdomen
- Improves your concentration and it helps you focus on your goals
Enjoy every moment that you live. Laughter is truly among the best medicines that help you reduce anxiety, stress and worry in your life. What are you waiting for? Make laughter part of your life starting today.
Have you ever wondered why some people are happy and have peace of mind while others keep worrying? Why do some people’s life filled with worry while others filled with happiness and peace of mind? My e-book How to have peace of mind answers those questions and teaches you the scientific ways to control and overcome worry and have peace of mind.
For more information, read: